One of the ways to save money is to create a budget. When you make a budget you have your money set aside for you all your bills including your savings. Having your savings is an important part of making sure that your money is going where it needs to go. Being a single mom I struggle with this as well. Trying to make sure that my money is there to pay the bills is hard with a single income.
Its not easy when you first start and feel like you fail. Because believe me I have it happen as well, but every month is a time to rethink and start over. The first coupole of months are ALWAYS the hardest but as you get use to it, it become easier.
Here are some tips to help you with making and creating a budget:
- Always contribute to your savings
- Make sure the entire family is involved
- Plan meals and shop accordingly
- Give your self an occasional treat when you meet a goal
- Figure out what bills must be paid and overestimate them.
Be sure to check out all of the other 30 Ways to Save without Coupons