Last year was my first Type A Conference. I learned alot when I went. It was an amazing experience and as a blogging partner for Type A this year I can tell you first hand what you should be ready for. Here are some tips and hopefully this will help you as a newbie.
1. Bring a sweater: If you are cold natured bring one with you. You can thank me in person LOL. I am anemic so I am ALWAYS cold but when I go to conferences I am usually FREEZING.
2. Charge your laptop every night before you go to bed. Sometimes finding a outlet will not be the easiest thing.
3. Make room for your swag. I took the train last year and man I was beat carrying all that stuff home.
4. Make sure you bring your business cards with you. Also make sure you Follow Up with the companies. This is a must this helps you to work with these brands and know what you are about.
5. Make sure you have on comfortable shoes. I will be in either flip flops or sneakers (depending on the weather). Its all about comfort. I will be in Jeans and shirt. Its all about comfort but looking nice. My shirt is usually a little fancier than usual. I like bling. Plus partying at night. It is a LONG FUN-FILLED DAY.
6. Have fun. Make sure you introduce yourself to as many people as you can. Don't be scared to say hi. If you get nervous come find me. I will introduce you to people. I mean with a name like Aimee (uh-me) (means friend in French so I gotta help you right?)
All in all Type A is what you make it. Come ready to learn, take notes, meet great companies, new blogging friends and FUN !!!
As a blogging partner I have a great discount code for you. Right now if you use BLOGPARTNER you can get 25% off your ticket and they are selling out. THIS CODE IS ONLY GOOD FOR 24 HOURS SO HURRY.